Friday 8 February 2013

Valentino: Master of Couture Exhibition


While in London, I also went to the Valentino Exhibition at Somerset House. Unfortunately, I wasn't allowed to take photographs inside.
However, I would definitely recommend a visit. On display were 137 of Valentino's dresses with references to whom wore them. There was also a collection of his drawings and videos showing techniques that were used whilst making the dresses. 

I found the exhibition very interesting and it was great to see all the various techniques and ways of manipulating fabrics. It tied in very well with my current project on the manipulation of fabric and there were plenty of inspiring things to help me with ideas for future work.






First Image reference: 
love-for-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment