Tuesday 5 February 2013

Bending the Rules...


I found these image in the Crafts magazine. I like both the images on this page due to their appearance. Both the objects are quite unique. The lampshade by Andrew Oliver was created in 2006. It is a great example of the magazine feature 'bending the rules'. The everyday interior accessory has become quirky and out of the ordinary. 
This piece has made me think about how I could construct my textiles differently. How I could make a weave, but not as a traditional, flat sample but maybe having pieces of weaving which I join with stitch and really play around with a different kind of composition.

The willow vase is another interestingly constructed object. It has been made with a flexible but sturdy material which has been loosely weaved in, out and around in order to create the vase structure. This is an interesting way to weave, it almost looks like thickly, plaited hair.

Image Reference:
Crafts Magazine, No 238, September/October 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment