Tuesday 5 February 2013

Eggshells?


I have included this image of the piece of work 'What Came First?' by Kyle Bean as I found it when flicking through a magazine. I thought it was an ingenious and unusual use of materials which relate so well to the subject matter. The piece is made up from eggshells and papier mache. The eggshells would have been such a delicate material to work from and so the papier mache would have been used to add some strength to the work. 
I love the final look of the piece of work as well as the eggshell pieces look like separate feathers and the different tones add to this effect. 
The work is very fun and would have taken a fair amount of time to construct. The piece definitely makes me think about how a material can relate to a subject matter in a fun, innovative way. 

Image Reference:
Craft magazine, No 235, March/April 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment