Tuesday 5 February 2013

Manipulated Materials



This work is by Ann Goddard, she explores ideas through making and working directly with various materials. I've included the images of Ann Goddard's work that I find most interesting in terms of material and manipulation.



Ann works a lot with paper and wire. I like how she constructs her work and I the pieces she creates are quite small and intricate. Her use of wire and paper together must have taken a lot of practice to get right but it allows you to manipulate the final structure of the piece into ways you might not have before thought about. This makes me think about how I can use a thin wire within my sample work and see how I can then manipulate the sample afterwards. I am currently thinking about how I can put wire into my weaving work.
Ann's work appears very natural and old looking, as though it is inspired by nature. My work is inspired by nature so I would like to bring these delicate qualities she uses in her work through to mine.

Text and Image reference:

No comments:

Post a Comment